Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Troy Aikman Critical of Tony Romo

I'll let Troy Aikman do the talking:

"I think maybe things happened so quickly for Tony in terms of obscurity to all of a sudden national spotlight that he hasn't fully grasped what being the Cowboys quarterback is all about," Aikman told former teammate Michael Irvin on Irvin's radio show. "And you don't go to Cabo the week before a playoff game. You just don't do it.

"It didn't take away from his preparations. I know that. I mean, everything he says is I think accurate. I don't think that had any bearing.

"But to say, 'I don't worry about perception,' you better worry about perception, because it's a big part of making it through some very difficult times."

"So, believe me, the NFL is such a reality show. Week to week, you're the best player in the league to the worst player in the league. It all depends on what you've done for me lately."

No comments:

Post a Comment